Best Ergonomic Office Chairs.
Best Ergonomic Office Chairs of 2019 (Top 10 List)
In this quickly evolving world of competition and advancement. It has been a proven fact that people hardly have enough time to spend at their homes and taking care of themselves.
It is mandatory for us that we spend at least half of the day’s time in office, doing our job. If the office lacks proper equipment and facilities for the employees, the employees start getting serious health issues.
Likewise, the decorum and the equipment of the offices are provided immense significance. Nowadays, almost all the equipment is chosen in a careful manner so as to ensure the employee’s comfort.
One such important item in the office is the ergonomic office chairs. As majority of the offices have turned out to be smart, which means they depend more on the machine than manual labor, ergonomic office chairs are specially designed for such offices. They are the chairs used for the use of the offices having computer workstations.
These are specially designed office chairs that help in the reduction of pressures on the several nerves of the spinal cords, thereby limiting the chance of muscular and nerve diseases. Also, they help in maintaining the correct body posture.
It aligns the forearms, wrists, lower back, neck and the head in the correct positions, thereby reducing back pain, work-related musculoskeletal disorders, and other such diseases. And if you just looking for a chair to relax, then consider one of the recliner chairs from our list.
In this article, we will discuss about the top ten best ergonomic chairs in order to provide the readers with accurate knowledge so that when they buy such chairs, it becomes easy for them to choose the correct one.
Top 10 Ergonomic Office Chairs (Recommended By Experts)
1) Herman Miller Embody Chair
Herman Miller Embody Office Chair ranks the first one in our list for the top ten ergonomic office chairs, owing to the best features it possesses. This chair designed by Bill Stumpf and it was an immense success amongst the office goers. Herman Miller Embody Office Chair helps in keeping you relaxed and focused by stimulating the oxygen and blood flow.
It has a unique human spine-like design, attached at the back known as the exoskeleton. This exoskeleton moves along with the posture of the body, thereby helping to keep the body posture correct.
It keeps the spine aligned and reduces the pressure in the lower back, thereby minimizing the lower back pain.
The covering of the chair is like human skin. It helps in the proper circulation of the air and oxygen, keeping you cool no matter how long you sit.
Also, all the ergonomic functions like minimizing spine compression and helping in reducing the loss of fluid from the discs have been very well maintained by this almost perfect ergonomic chair.
- 12 years of Herman Miller warranty
- Made with renewable energy and is 95% recyclable
- The exoskeleton helps in reducing the muscle aches and work related issues by keeping the posture correct and reducing the pressures on the spine and lower back.
- Stimulates blood and oxygen flow throughout the body.
- As such there are no cons with this ergonomic office chair. But if at all there is a drawback, then it is its high price. But however, the price of this ergonomic chair is worth its features.
2) Steelcase Gesture Chair
The Steelcase Gesture chair has won a lot of awards from the top medical institutions owing to the best office chair functions it provides. Because of this reason that it ranks as the second place of our best ergonomic office chair.
The Steelcase Gesture chair has been uniquely designed to adapt to the various positions of the body. It also accommodates all types of sizes and shapes, therefore it can also use as a comfy reading chair for an affordable price.
Actually, these ergonomic office chairs use a unique LiveBack technology that copies the movements of necks and spines and adjusts to the postures of the body. The armrest of this chair can be adjusted along with the various positions of the body.
Also according to your working table, the height of the chair can be adjusted and readjusted.
Therefore, unlike the other office chairs, which provide little freedom to the various body movements and body postures. The Steelcase Gesture chair gives you complete freedom to move your body and align your body in any way you like.
- Immense scope of adjustments
- Arm rest can swivel up to an angle of 360 degrees, providing you the scope to align your arms in any way you like.
- Adjustable height of the chair ensures a total comfort.
- 100% Steelcase warranty
- Not any major negative point other than its high price which in my opinion is quite deserving with the features and comforts this chair is offering.
3) Herman Miller Aeron Chair
Herman Miller Aeron Chair designed by Bill Stumpf. And it is considered to be the first ergonomic chair to have a woven seat and back design in place of soft foam cushions.
The Aeron implies the biomorphic principles of the body on which it is based. It helps in the genuine reduction of the lower back pain.
The chair contains a head cushion and a high back that allow you to both rests your head and maintains the body posture at the same time.
Moreover, Aeron chair was also the one of best office chair that has been constructed with the high technology mesh fabric. As a result, it does not look or work like other conventional office chairs.
- Aeron technology makes it a first class product owing to the genuine reduction in the back pains as well as stress levels.
- The head cushion and the high back maintain a proper posture.
- The different sizes of Aeron are available, making the chair accessible to a wide crowd.
- 12 years warranty
- Affordable price
- Size charts for Aeron office chair are not always accurate.
4) Haworth Zody Chair
Haworth Zody chair has acquired the certificate as well as a recommendation from the American Physiotherapy center.
As can be observed from the design of this ergonomic office chair, the Haworth Zody chair provides more importance to the functions than to the forms.
The design of this chair features a unique asymmetrical support system. This support system enables you to reduce the pressure and cure the problem residing in your lower back and neck. but
Also, there is a pelvic pad attached to it that helps in the perfect alignment of your spinal cords and prevents diseases like slip disc and others.
If you want a reclining position, a different headrest is available with this chair.
The other standard adjustments of this chair are the adjustment of the armrest, especially its width and height and also the seat height and the tension of the chair.
- The passive pelvic pad that helps in the proper alignment of the spine.
- Adjustability of the height of the chair as also the height and the width of the arm rest.
- 3-point tilt mechanism that it provides along with the multi positional back stop and the forward tilt.
- It has a tremendously easy adjustability and can be fit into any room, be it office room or board room.
- The arms slide and move very easily and may not stay in place if you bump them.
5) Steelcase Leap fabric Chair
The Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair ranks the fifth in our list for the top ten best ergonomic office chairs. The TRP of this product is mainly the achievement of the best of qualities at a very reasonable price.
The most important feature of this chair is the LiveBack technology that it uses.
This technology ensures that the chair will conform to the different positions that your body has a tendency to acquire.
By doing this, it reduces the pressure on the vulnerable points in your body like the spinal cord, the neck, and the head.
It has come with a gliding technique that adjusts to your reclining, straight and relaxing positions. The attractive aspect of this chair is also its flexibility.
You also can fully optimize each and every part of the chair according to your own benefit.
You can adjust the height and the width of the chair according to your body posture always.
- Affordable price with great quality
- The chair is made from recycled material and all of its parts are recyclable. This ensures a 99% environment friendly products and less disposing.
- There are no emitting products used during the manufacture of this chair.
- The flexibility and the adjustability of this chair is mindboggling.
- LiveBack Technology makes it extremely comfortable. Further the gliding mechanism helps it to adapt the several body postures that you yield to.
- Armrest Shifting – As many users like this highly adjustable armrest shifting features. But, few still find it complicated and consider it as a negative aspect.
- High Pricing – However, this chair is amazingly comfortable. But, its kinda a one-time high investment.
6) Herman Miller Sayl Chair
The Sayl chair by Herman Miller is the brand’s first ergonomic office chair that is very much affordable. Sayl Chair is made of recycled material and comes in many different attractive colors.
The Sayl Chair has been armed with some of the best engineering skills. It has two different innovations mainly the Y-tower and the ArcSpan.
The former is the pseudo backbone of the chair and is located just like the backbone of the humans.
Its main functions are to stretch the fabric and offer support simultaneously. The latter, however, is designed to maintain the shape and the posture of the body and keep the fabric in its proper place.
The design of this chair was inspired by the Golden Bridge of London helps to accommodate all types of body postures and ensures perfect comfort and freedom at the same time.
- Unframed back helps in the proper passage of oxygen, making the chair breathable and helping in keeping you cool at your work.
- 12 years warranty
- Design of this chair helps in the accurate maintenance of the body posture and spine and neck alignment.
- Extremely elegant from all positions.
- Extremely affordable price makes it a universal favorite.
- Arm rests may get eroded slightly with age
- Being low in price, it does not ensure perfect quality. Majority of the adjustment techniques that are available in other high priced products are lacking here. Therefore this chair can be used for short term phase only.
7) Serta Mid-Back Office Chair
Although the company of Serta is best known for its mattresses, it nonetheless has manufactured an ergonomic office chair that has indeed attracted our attention.
Serta Mid-Back Office Chair has a design of some high brand cushioned ergo-layered body pillows that ensure total comfort and support.
The construction of this chair is indeed. It is constructed with environment-friendly leather that is armed with BIM active lumbar pivot for lumbar support.
This lumbar support is needed when you move your body. The armrest is also padded in a comfortable way.
You can adjust the height of the armrest by the push-up button.
It makes your pelvis tilt when you tilt forward. Also, it keeps the back in a neutral position preventing the buildup of pressure in the vulnerable points of the body.
Thus the reduction in the pressure formation prevents the transportation of fluids from the discs and helps in the continuation of the spinal movement.
- High class environment friendly leather that provides a touch of some exclusive brands.
- Soft pillows that ensure perfect comfort.
- Tilt technology that keeps the posture of the body perfect.
- Great adjustability that this chair provides especially in the padded arm rest.
- Pneumatics are a little tall for people under five feet, four inches tall.
- 1 Year warrantee only.
8) Alera Elusion Swivel Chair
Alera Elusion Swivel chair has been included in the list for the top ten best ergonomic office chairs, owing to the popularity among the customers. The ergonomic office chair has been reviewed in the positive notes specifically because of the price and the comfort that it provides at such a price.
Alera Elusion Swivel chair has a design of a breathable fabric mesh at the back that helps to keep you cool during your work.
The greatest feature of this chair is its contoured seat cushion that has a waterfall edge and is armed with premium upholstery that minimizes the pressures on your legs.
The back of this chair is so supportive that it results in the proper maintenance of your posture and prevents lower back pain.
Moreover, despite being at a low price, this chair has the best features of the tilt technology and the adjustments of the width and the height of the armrest.
- Really affordable price with maximum comfort.
- Fabrics mesh design helps to keep you cool.
- Top quality adjustability offered in the arm rest.
- Being low at price, it doesn’t have some of the best adjustment technologies provided in the high class office chairs. However certainly, they provide the minimum adjustability required for the utmost comfort and support. Also the durability of the product is questionable.
9) White Ergonomic Leather Chair by GM Seating
The Ergohuman designed by Ergotech and it includes a very unique style. The whole of this chair is made with luxurious leather having the qualities of ergonomics.
The adjustments that it provides are the TRPs of this product and these adjustments include the tilt adjustment, seat adjustment, and the adjustment of the height and the angle of the headrest.
This chair is particularly good for the people suffering from neck pain.
The distinct design thus ensures both lumbar support and the proper adjustment of the body postures, particularly around the neck and the back.
The armrest has been designed in a 3D style that also features some of the best height and width adjustability.
- Leather used in the manufacturing of this chair is of top quality, ensuring a very grand look.
- Several adjustment facilities like tilt mechanism, seat adjustment and the headrest and the arm rest adjustment.
- The unique lumbar support system
- Perfect for people suffering from neck pain.
- Only disadvantage about this product is that it is a bit costly. But the functions it provides are worth the price.
10) Mid-Back Mesh Chair by Flash Furniture
The Mid-Back Mesh chair is the well-reviewed chair accommodated in our top ten office chairs list.
This chair has a well-contoured mesh that contains all the ergonomically adjusted features and helps in keeping you cool.
The chair also helps in the proper adjustment of the body posture. And the chair also fits with sturdy wheels, five in number that helps in the proper gliding of the body.
The chair is also extremely well made, especially for the people having a height of six inches.
- Heavy nylon base that helps in the increase in the tensile strength.
- Wheel facility.
- Breathable mesh that helps in keeping you cool.
- Extremely affordable price.
- Only disadvantage of the product is that its durability is a bit questionable.